Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Cloud-Hidden



The Cloud-Hidden

I am cloud-cast.
This veil of mists and morning light
conceals my face from your view.
Through closed eyes you will see me
in your wanderings,
in your reverie of thoughts
while you never stir from your room.

Dare to travel far
by never taking a single step
for only by not moving
will you stand a chance of finding me,
only by not moving
can you journey to be with me.

I, who desire nothing
am all that you have ever desired
I, whom you will never see
am all that you have ever seen.
I am hidden for your sake.
My beauty
would make you afraid.
My beauty
is more than you could stand.
My beauty
would make you cry
were you ever to look upon my face
as would my love for you.

So why should you journey
to find me?
Why should you journey
to be with me?
How could I leave you
when I am always with you?
How could I not love you
when I look upon you?

I am hidden in these mists of morning
I am these mists
I am lost among the silent stars
I am those stars
I smile in the sun’s warmth
I am that sun
I am all that you have ever needed
I am you.





4 comments:

  1. This is truly an exquisitely beautiful poem - no words can give it justice! I can only offer the silence of my awe and deep appreciation. This is a poem to read slowly and contemplate each stanza, letting the imagery and meaning sink in and work their way into one's soul, deeper and deeper!
    The entire poem is beautifully written, but there are some lines that I feel are so creative, they jump out. They are memorable and have much meaning to me personally and also spiritually or mystically. Here are two of them
    ".... for only by not moving
    will you stand a chance of finding me..."
    "I, who desire nothing
    am all that you have ever desired..."
    Thank you Emma for this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear LeeAnne. And I like to say how wonderful it is to see you here on my blog again. I do appreciate it!

      Delete