Sunday, February 8, 2015

INVOCATION: Hildegard von Bingen ~ Anonymous 4


In June of 2013 I posted my Invocation, which I wrote both as a prayer and a blessing for all women who are oppressed, in whatever form that oppression might take. Since then the Invocation also has been accepted for and now appears on the World Prayers website. Now my husband David has realised the Invocation as a video, featuring his painting of our dear daughter-in-law Anneke. The video is set to the haunting music of the 12th-century mystic Hildegard von Bingen, as sung in plainchant by the quartet of women’s voices Anonymous 4. In creating his video, David’s wish and intention has been the same as my own: to allow the Invocation to be released further into the world so that its words may do the work for which I intended them.  


Invocation on Sophia’s Mirror: Invocation

Invocation on the World Prayers website: World Prayers



8 comments:

  1. An invocation, a blessing. These words, the music, moved through my heart and soul like a prayer rising from the depths of my soul. My heart recognizes these words, this knowing, in a way that is beyond thought. Thank you, humbly I say thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Joss, I am most grateful for your words of grace and recognition.... in a way my heart already knew that my Invocation would find shelter in your soul... thank you from my heart, dear kindred.

      Delete
  2. I stumbled upon your blog and what a haven I have found - so beautiful, like a cool breeze on a hot day. blessings, Hettienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hettienne, for such a heartfelt reaction! And you are so welcome here on Sophia's Mirror... it is indeed my wish that my blog may serve as a haven for any and all who wish it to be so.

      Delete
  3. My beautiful friend...I send deep gratitude and admiration to you for this beautiful creation. I loved every word..and every moment of this..amazing..sacred and healing.
    Shining love and spirit to you...and many blessings to you.
    Hugs
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Victoria, your heartfelt response means the world to me, and fills my heart with gratitude and joy.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful blessing and moving timeless words! Thank you Dear Emma & David for your Love, Grace & Beauty...Praise for the unique and touching Angelic Art of your far reaching universal spirituality. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear RonSila, Thank you so much for such a heartfelt reaction to our Invocation. Your praise touches us both and indeed it is the wish of both of us that this blessing may go out into the world.

      Delete