Sunday, May 22, 2016

Echoes




In the thin air of morning
I speak with sweet sounds
drawn from all the
unknown murmurs
that yesterday were left
at the waves' edge

Listen!
Listen to what I release
into the morning:
each tone
another story:
unearthly tableaus
shards of myths
and ancient voices
echo over the shore

I am the daybreak
my slender body
born from the sea
my flute now whispers
and then cries out
for her:
my other self
who stayed behind
among the waves
having no desire
to be tailless

Now at each sunrise
and again at sunset
I make my flute speak

I know the night is near
when my eyes colour
from meadow green
to the deeper green
of the waves

I shiver
while my heart listens
waiting, ever waiting
for my love
in the light
of the silent moon




Sculpture:  La Sirène by Camille Claudel


10 comments:

  1. Oh Emma, how beautifully you have called forth her heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Joss...this is the song of my own yearning heart, a heart that tells me that you too know of this yearning!

      Delete
  2. How much bitter-sweet longing is expressed in these deceptively simple lines! The rhythm of the days and nights, of the tides, of the heart's questing, and ultimately of the soul's longing to be reunited with the spirit: all are expressed here. Beautiful, Emma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear David, for such a deep understanding of my words. And yes, there will always be the rhythm of the heart's questing and the soul's longing that make me sing my songs.

      Delete
  3. Mesmerizing energy, peaceful words..so beautifully expressed...deeply gentle and magical! Your poetess spirit is always shining with such light! I leave here transformed!
    Hugs my kindred -sister
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Victoria, for such a heartfelt understanding of my words. I love it when we align in our thoughts and the joy of heart is shared. Hugs to you too, dear kindred-sister!

      Delete
  4. Exquisitely beautiful dear Emma! There is such an aura delicate mystery. I can feel your deep connection with the ocean in your words, the ocean of consciousness, feelings, and emotions filled with many unspoken stories yet to be told! Thank you for gracing us with your words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Joseph, thank you for such sweet words. Yes, as you so truly say.. the ocean is Unity and to stand on the shore is for me always an invitation towards that Unity.

      Delete
  5. It is your songs that make me dance.. and take me back to the place where we were mermaids singing to each other across the waters....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It warms my heart to know this, dearest siStar.

      Delete